Sunday, April 13, 2014

TO BELIEVE OR NOT BELIEVE.!



Being credible is becoming a thing of the past. It's more of like: let me get the story out first and I will investigate the facts later approach. I typically get my knowledge of current events, breaking news and things happening around me, from social media or while browsing the internet. Unlike most of the world today, I still rely on the traditional newspapers as a source of information as well. I still believe in the hard core facts and not just some opinion-based site that get ratings by how many people sign up for their site.

 Social media changes every day, either there is a new site coming up or some updates being done to improve the sites. Everyday I learned something new. Today, I learned of a new site called WIX.com, it a where you can create your own website, to promote your business, poetry ,or whatever you want people to know about. It is  all for FREE!. Unlike, weebly.com, which charge you to publish your site. Thanks to my co-worker for telling me this great information about WIX.com

I know keeping up with everything that is going on in the world, such as current events, things to visit, tourist attractions can be hard to do. We tend force us to rely on social media for obtaining some of this information, instead of the old-fashioned new paper or magazine. While the use of these sites are convenient for us but we can't allow the sites lie to take over, we have to be careful to do our own investigation. We have to challenge the sources in what we read and  try to educate others with, because every journalist do not have accurate facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment