Sunday, May 11, 2014

Media Tools that have Embraced Society

The digital world is an ever-changing environment. Everyday, there are some new sites being developed to make your life just a little bit more exciting or more complex. It just depends on you look at it. I was reviewing this site called New Media Tools. It listed different types of media tools that we all have came across, whether it was while you were doing researching, sharing pictures or social networking. However, I must say that  the tools I am most interested in would be video sharing sites, photo sharing sites and social networking.  The video sharing is a great tool because you can record videos and upload them to the sites. These videos are shared with millions of users every second of the day, you can also share other user's videos as well. Along with sharing, you can comment and like the videos too. The most recognized site for video sharing is  YouTube and this one of my most favorite videos on the site  :
Yes I love weddings  and I want me and my dad to do this.(Of when I get a husband)

Photo sharing is similar to video sharing and  the only difference is that, it only have still shots. You can share the photos with friends, family and even people you have seen or talked to in a while. Users can comment on the pictures, like them and even share them with others.  There are many to choose from such as ShutterflyFlickr and Photo Bucket. The one I like and use the most would be Instagram. Although, it is a mobile application and not a website, I love that I can take pictures and share them while on the go. Here is one of my own Instagram photos : 
Yes it is me! 


Lastly, social networking sites is where you can connect with friends, family, colleagues, and meeting new people. You can build your own business page to promote a new business venture and start a forum to help others find jobs. My favorite site would be Facebook, you can build an audience and gain new friends at the same time. 

I say give these sites a try and along with others and you will see it is a whole new world of new tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment